- We understand national security in terms of access to affordable health care and education, a strong economy, a healthy environment and a functioning democracy.
- We believe in basic rights for all. These include the civil rights of assembly, free speech and religion as well as the rights to health care, education, a job and a clean environment.
- We seek to promote the peaceful and just resolution of conflict using nonviolent means through educational programming, informing community leaders, holding vigils.
- War is the problem not the solution.
- We support the creation of a Cabinet Level Department of Peace to prevent/avert future wars.
- Nuclear weapons, the apex of war system, are a grave danger to us all and must be eliminated.
- Wars of aggression must cease.
- A healthy environment is essential to our survival
- Global Warming is real and it is our responsibility to take action now.
- We support funding for research for safe alternatives to fossil fuels.
- Affordable health care is a human right
- A healthy and sustainable economy provides national security
- Help Michigan keep jobs and secure new opportunities.
- A healthy democracy provides national security.